[Vision2020] Mike Wendt's Pottery

Brent Bradberry bbradber at moscow.com
Sun Jan 1 17:33:16 PST 2006

Phil Nisbet and others and others have praised Mike Wendt's work - I'd
like to add a strong second. Last week I took my family to Mike's
pottery in North Lewiston. It was a real treat for all of us to watch a
master potter at work and to browse through the showroom. My teen-aged
grand-daughter was so impressed that she wanted to learn to throw on a
wheel as soon as got home (in Oregon). Mike is one of those rare
individuals for whom the distinction between craft and art is
meaningless - and he's a good businessman too!
Phil's article in New West is excellent, and I recommend it. I do have
one tiny quibble - Mike's wife is an outstanding artist in her own right
and her designs on display are wonderful. I think their artistic
partnership is worth mentioning.
_Disclaimer_: In the interest of full disclosure, Mike was a student of
mine (quite a few years ago). I was tremendously impressed with his
talent and his love of learning and I continue to be proud to know him.

Brent (not an artist but I know what I like) Bradberry

--
Brent Bradberry, Ph. D.
Professor of Mathematics, emeritus

1258 Wallen Road