[Vision2020] Mike Wendt's Pottery

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 3 08:21:58 PST 2006

Thanks for posting this, Brent.  As the Northern Idaho Editor for New
West, I would be DELIGHTED to publish a follow-up piece on the work of
Mike Wendt's wife.  Are you game to write another article, Phil?  The
Wendt Pottery piece is getting rave reviews both on the New West site
and from my editors -- so, please, feel free to write more!  (And if
anyone else is interested in profiling a local artist/entrepreneur like
Mike Wendt, please contact me offlist and let me know.)

BTW, I'm looking forward to visiting Wendt's Pottery in person in the
next week or so.  A friend of mine has a full set of Mike's Mt. St.
Helen's Ash china; it's gorgeous!  I've never seen anything like it.  I
think Phil is right on target when he compares Mike Wendt to Seattle's
Dale Chihuly.  We have a great artist in our midst, and we should do
all we can to support and promote his work.

Joan

Joan Opyr, Northern Idaho Editor
New West Magazine
www.newwest.net