[Vision2020] Today's Auntie Establishment & Brother Carl Show

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Sun Jan 1 12:10:38 PST 2006

Hello all,

Just wanted to let you know that you may now listen to The Auntie
Establishment & Brother Carl Show live via Internet streaming audio.
Just tune in to http://www.krfp.org from 3 PM to 5 PM Pacific Standard
Time this afternoon.  We'll be doing our usual nonsense -- reading the
news of the weird from around this great nation, playing some great
music (ever heard Stevie Wonder's version of "Sixteen Tons?"  Thought
not), and blessing/cursing you all with our unfettered, unbridled, and
occasionally uninformed opinions.  On the serious side, we will discuss
George W. Bush's admission of domestic spying (he is the first sitting
President to publicly admit to an impeachable offence).  We'll talk
about our soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq and how YOU can help them by
logging onto www.anysoldier.com and sending them what they ask for --
prepaid phone cards, candy bars, letters, Pamprin . . . no kidding.
Who wants to be in Baghdad with PMS?

Finally, in the spirit of New Year cheer, we'll be playing a special
medley of tunes especially dedicated to our tireless blogstalker, Dale
Comb-over Courtney.  You don't want to miss that -- well, maybe you do,
as it does feature Tiny Tim singing AC/DC's "Highway to Hell."  Oy!

On behalf of myself and Brother Carl,
I am,
Auntie Establishment/Joan Opyr

PS: On another note entirely, I invite you to please check out Phil
Nesbit's contribution to New West Magazine (www.newwest.net).  He's
written a great piece on Mike Wendt's pottery down in Lewiston,
beginning with a fascinating history of the production of fine china
and the high quality of clays available in places like Helmer.  Very
interesting stuff, and Mike Wendt's work is wonderful.  Phil compares
him as an artist to Dale Chihuly, and I don't think that's at all
off-target.

Joan Opyr, Northern Idaho Editor
New West Magazine
www.newwest.net