[Vision2020] Questions

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 26 16:51:49 PST 2006

Let's see how Doug sets the stage for "justifing" his non-ordination:

Certification and the Ministry
Topic: Chrestomathy

"The disease has so far progressed that we now tend to assume that graduate
school honors are the qualifications we should look for in a ministerial
candidate. Paul's requirements for a godly ministry are set aside, and we
think that it is all right to do this because the man whose marriage and
family are stretcher case (and got that way while he was working his guts
out in seminary) nevertheless has professional certification. He has the
right papers on the wall, embossed and signed. This is nothing less than the
capitulation of the evangelical church to the bureaucratic mind. Nothing
good can come of it, and the sooner we find the way of repentance the
better" (The Paideia of God, p. 107).

Posted by Douglas Wilson - 2/24/2006 11:10:20 AM"

So, if you want to follow the Bible, i.e. Paul, you don't send your people
to seminary to gain an education and a full understanding of Religion and
Theology.  And the fact that "repentance" is needed implys there is sin
invloved in people going to school/seminary.

Well, I just don't get it...why is NSA even in business if getting educated
and knowledgeable about your chosen field is wrong?  And if a family is a
"stretcher case" due to the (in this case) man's being in school, what are
these young people even doing being encouraged to get married and start
families (large onese at that) much less encouraged to go to school?  And
why does NSA have Greyfriers?  Isn't that a school that is "... a three-year
ministerial training program of  Christ Church, Moscow, Idaho. We believe
pastoral training is best done in the context of the local church, under the
care of godly elders."?  Or is it that ONLY Moscow has "godly elders"?

Questions, questions....

J  :]