[Vision2020] Love, Douggie Style

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Sun Feb 26 16:47:31 PST 2006

Re: Doug and his peculiar form of pastoring:

What a letter.  I wish I could be shocked, but it surpiseth me not
from "Gold Wins a Soul." No, I mean "A God, Ill, Owns Us." No, I mean
Douglas Wilson. Damn! I have got to stay off that Internet anagram
generator. It's addictive.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com

PS: My favorite anagram? Spiro Agnew = Grow a penis. Which reminds me, I
was up until o'god o'clock last night watching a 30-year retrospective on
Watergate. I think it was a Frontline documentary; anyhow, it was on
Oregon Public Television. Eerie, familiar stuff. Is the President above
the law? The Watergate Scandal should have answered this question once and
for all. the then Supreme Court, in a 8-vote decision to force Nixon to
release the White House tapes to Congress, said the President of the
United States was subject to the laws of the United States. Nixon's lawyer
argued (I'm not making this up) that Nixon's right as Chief Executive was
as absolute as Louis XIV's as monarch, with the difference being that the
President's absolute right was measured in two four-year increments. Ye
gods!

Where, now, is our Sam Ervin? And where our Republicans like Lowell
Wiecker, or Howard Baker of Tennessee? Democracy needs a champion, and, as
sorry as I am to say it, I don't think Hillary or John Kerry are it.

PPS: Before Air-Doug asks why J is "so bitter," perhaps he ought to take
note of that lemen-o he's been sucking.

> Love letter from Doug Wilson to parishoner:
>
> Dear Michael,
>
> You have asked me a couple or three times about why I deleted Mr.
Moore's
> post from my blog [and that is all I asked him]. ... I deleted his post
> because it gave the address to poohsthink, and I don't want people going
> there. This is not because I am afraid of people seeing the "evidence"
> against me, but rather because I do not want people to see your
disgraceful
> behavior. I believe that you are well into the process of ruining your
> reputation, perhaps beyond repair [ouch], and I don't want to be any
part of
> accelerating that process. I do not believe that your "insubordination,"
as
> I think you called it once, is a sin that will cause you to spiritually
> implode down the road sometime. I believe that you are spiritually
imploding
> right now, in public view [well he would know, he's my pastor]. I want
as
> few people to see it as possible, for your sake and your family's.
Whether