[Vision2020] Lies, Ports, and Saudi Arabia Yet Again!

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Sun Feb 26 15:57:20 PST 2006

Hi Ted,

I'll append your additional observations to your original post, and read
snippets of the articles you cite below. The reason I asked your
permission is because I did, in fact, want your blessing. And you are
thorough; you cite evidence to back up your assertions, which is a good
deal more than I'm generally willing to do on this free and public forum.
It feels like . . . work.

I'd like to issue a public, anytime invitation to you to call in to KRFP
(892-9200) during the show or to stop by the studio when we're on the air,
grab a mic, and sit down and talk. Carl and I will be dealing with this
issue next Sunday, and we'd love to have you there. We don't usually do
callers (though we do enjoy the rare guest), but what you have to say is
reasoned and interesting, a nice counterpoint to our "unfair and
unbalanced."

I have read the 9/11 Commission's Report, as published, and I'm familiar
with the ongoing concerns of (many of) the 9/11 families. Our government
has done an extraordinarily poor job of incorporating those concerns and
the report's recommendations into actual practice. While billions are
fiddled away in Iraq, home burns.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com

> Joan et. al.
>
> I'm not sure my post was "thorough," but thanks for the comment.  And
given
> that Vision2020 is a voluntary non-profit public forum freely accessible
> all, I don't think you need my permission merely to read a Vision2020
post,
> that makes no claim to any "copyright," on non-profit public service
> oriented KRFP for your show, but you have my blessing anyway, and thanks
fo> r
> asking.  However, if you and Brother Carl go big time, I want a cut!
Air
> America, maybe?
>
> One concern I had, though, was about my comment that "port security has
gon> e
> so long without public demands for improvement."  This is not quite
correct> ,
> or fair.  Families and friends of the 9/11 victims have been among the
most
> vocal in raising the issues of domestic security from terrorist attacks,
> exposing how lacking the response has been on domestic security since
9/11,
> a fact made glaringly obvious after Hurricane Katrina.  Indeed, the 9/11
> Commission, which was resisted by the Bush administration, was pushed
> aggressively by 9/11 victim relatives.  Here is a web site associated
with
> families of 9/11 victims, that reminds us that today twelve years ago the
> WTC was bombed, with commentary on the Dubai Ports World deal:
>
> http://www.voicesofsept11.org/#
>
> And here below is an article on 9/11 families reaction to the Dubia Ports
> World takeover, a rather negative reaction, "surprise, surprise,
surprise,"
> as Gomer Pile once said.  Cronyism in the Bush administration?
Impossible!
> After all, they brought decency and high moral values to the White House.
> Read excerpt below from this article:
>
> http://sev.prnewswire.com/homeland-security/20060222/DCW04322022006-
1.html

> "Doyle charged the administration with a conflict of interest in
supporting
> the deal, noting that the White House's nominee for administrator of the
U.> S.
> Maritime Commission is David Sanborn, a top executive of Dubai Ports
World.