[Vision2020] 02-25-06 LA Times: Trust the truth

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 25 21:55:22 PST 2006

Chas

The raving Neo-Nazi grwod are already stoked, so jailing Irving does no
additional harm.  They would skin you or I in a heart beat.

Irving definately knew.  Example, he suggested that no Zyklon B was ever
used at Auschwitz, though we have the direct testimony of SS people that
they did indeed use Zyklon B in the gas chambers.  He was then provided with
chemical analysis of the concrete from the ceiling of the chambers that
showed cyanide build up and still made the statement that no people were
ever gassed at Auschwitz.

YOu ask who this sort of thing hurts?  I did mention the people who survived
and for that matter the kin of the survivors.  How much do you think that it
hurts for a person who survived the death camps to be called a liar and told
that the slaughter of their families was a fiction?  How much do you think
it hurts somebdoy like Joan, who never had the joy of her father's side of
her family, to have a person claim that they probably just moved someplace
else?

Irving was saying that the Holocaust did not exist and that it was all a
Jewish Plot.  He sold tens of thousands of copies of his books to Neo-Nazis
and to Arab governments.  He wrote this weacked out history of his to sell
books.  He also got paid to speak at various functions, with pretty nice
speakers fees attached to those engagements.

Thats why I suggested, his actions were money based, had called others who
were actually there liars by claiming that what they physically saw with
their own eyes a plot and that it had caused emotional pain and suffering to
victims and their families.  Even at his trail, when he finally faced the
potential that he would have to do time, Iriving tried to slither out of it
by finally acknowledging that he was 'wrong' and that there had been a
Holocaust.  That pretty well tells you he knew all along that he was lying,
just spreading the BS for the money he made on his books and speeches.  That
takes the idea that he was a deranged asshole back to him simply being a
greedy asshole.

Phil Nisbet