[Vision2020] Port sale

James Reynolds chapandmaize at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 25 11:31:09 PST 2006

Phil,

I am sorry for the capitalization of the. It was merely a reflection of my
inability to type well. I am a two finger hunt-and-peck typist.

My stance on Israel is not very enlightened. I don't know the history except
sketchy details. In my somewhat uninformed view I believe the Jews deserved
(and still do) to be looked after and assisted by the world body after WWII
due to not only the atrocities of that war but also because of the
persecution the religion suffered through a long period of history preceding
the war.

I do however also appreciate the fact that other people were greatly
put-upon when the State of Israel was created. People did loose their homes
to give the Jews a place of their own. I have nothing but my imagination to
go on here but I feel that Israel was set down in an area that didn't
appreciate it from the beginning.

I think that a two State solution with Jerusalem shared is the only answer
that has any chance of making Israel a comfortable place to live. It would
probably still be generations before the region would be decent even after a
two State resolution because there has been so much hatred built up between
the factions and both parties seem able to hold a grudge for thousands of
years.

My attitude toward current events in the region is that the sides detest
each other and it isn't pretty. Back and forth they kill each other and for
what? For such ancient civilizations, to me they both seem to be immature
and have little use for critical thinking or thoughtful deliberation. In
fact both sides act like GW.

James