[Vision2020] Churches and Taxes

Area Man areaman at moscow.com
Fri Feb 24 08:45:26 PST 2006

Don Huskey says:
"Nobody "pays in" for our fire department as its a volunteer
service--probably among the best if not the best volunteer service in
the state-maybe the nation."

Just for a little clarification, we do pay a certain amount to the
Moscow Volunteer Fire Department.  Yes, our firefighters and EMT's are
volunteer, but we have (if I recall correctly) four paid employees of
the Fire Department.  The bulk of the equipment is paid for by donations
and grant money, but Moscow residents (and Moscow Rural residents) foot
part of the bill.

And yes, we do have one of the best fire departments in the country,
paid or unpaid.  In my opinion, ours is the best.

But I'm biased.

DC