[Vision2020] Churches and Taxes

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Fri Feb 24 08:32:20 PST 2006

And Mr. Farris is wrong again. Nobody "pays in" for our fire department as
its a volunteer service--probably among the best if not the best volunteer
service in the state-maybe the nation. Many jurisdictions have fire departments
that are privately owned and you pay directly an annual fee for protection.
When  I lived in Billings, Montana I watched the private fire company come and
protect  a covered house while letting the uncovered one next door burn to the
ground.  Not my idea of the best way to provide fire coverage. Maybe there are
some  things the government does best.

Don  Huskey

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight  you, then
you win." Mahatma Gandhi