[Vision2020] Wake Up WalMart Update

TIM RIGSBY tim.rigsby at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 23 14:14:15 PST 2006

>From Wakeupwalmart.com

You are not going to believe this. Wal-Mart’s health care spending per
employee actually went down, and the number of Wal-Mart workers without
company health care has risen to a whopping 775,000 workers or 57% of the
company.

In response, our campaign is releasing a shocking new report titled,
“America Pays, Wal-Mart Saves: The Growing Cost of the Wal-Mart Health Care
Crisis.” The report estimates the Wal-Mart Health Care Crisis cost American
taxpayers nearly $1.4 billion in 2005 with a projected cost over the next
five years of $9.1 billion.

Please download your copy of the shocking report and take action today:
http://www.wakeupwalmart.com/redirect/healthcrisis

As you know, we have been working vigorously to enact Fair Share Health Care
legislation all across America to stop corporations, like Wal-Mart, from
shifting their health care costs onto taxpayers. Although Wal-Mart and its
allies are spending untold sums of money and hiring lobbyists in every state
to defeat us, the will of the American people cannot be stopped.

We are launching a new tool on our website to help you make your voice heard
in your local community. You now have the ability to find your local
newspaper and submit a letter to the editor by going to WakeUpWalMart.com

Please make your voice heard on the Wal-Mart health care crisis by going to:
http://www.wakeupwalmart.com/redirect/healthletter

Wal-Mart’s shockingly bad health care numbers prove more than ever how
important it is to build public pressure to change this corporation. We need
your help now! We have to grow our movement from 182,000 supporters today to
1 million supporters. As our grassroots army becomes larger, we will become
an even more powerful force for change.

Only you have the power to change Wal-Mart and change America. Make sure to
download your copy of the “America Pays, Wal-Mart Saves” report and ask your
friends, family members and co-workers to join our movement to change
Wal-Mart and build a better America.

Thank you for all that you do,

Paul Blank
WakeUpWalMart.com

peace; it does not weaken, but strengthens. Revolution does not cause
separation; it generates togetherness. <BR>-John Africa, <EM>Strategic
Revolution</EM></div></html>