[Vision2020] Plan in Action

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Fri Feb 17 10:54:23 PST 2006

Gary,

Thanks for the clarification.  I guess I just want your libertarianism to
bloom a bit further: so that you give more grace to those who want the right
to post on such things here.  Whether or not some of the content of my Blog
is related to the broader community in Moscow is something I'm sure we would
have long debate over from many regulars here, so your stance seems to beg
the question.  When there was a question about posting on philosophy a while
back, I think many offered some very profound insights on the glory of a
fully free and open public forum-each fellow in the town square is going to
have to put up with what he perceives as the good and the bad.  He can
always go home, shut his door behind him, and enjoy his wife and kids when
he has had enough.  If this forum was originally set up for the discussion
of standard 'community issues,' like whether or not a new swing should go in
the nearby park, then I would think the forum has become something even
better and more robust than the original founding fathers envisioned.

My wife and I enjoyed chatting with you at the potluck; hope to do it again.
And I want to hear more stories about your time as a student at St. Mary's.

Take Care,

Michael Metzler

Mr. Metzler, Please reread the actual words that I used in my post. I am not
"castigating"you. I am not calling on you to answer charges. I am not
accusing you of any evil, specific or otherwise. What I said was that I do
not understand your particular complaint with regard to Christ Church and
Doug Wilson. Nothing more and nothing less. It *seems* a matter internal to
the church and of no interest to those outside it. Providing information on
your own web page for those who wish to seek it is a reasonable thing.
Someone else taking it and attempting to influence my opinion and the rest
of V2020 does not.

Sincerely,

G. Crabtree