[Vision2020] Money for our people

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 13 07:52:35 PST 2006

Hansen

It should be pretty easy to ask the troops of our returned unit here what
the guys at the front need from the folks back home.  As I am sure you
recall, some simple thing from stateside and a "we care about you" goes a
long way.  Couple buying those few things with letters from the kids here in
town telling them thank you for your service.

About 8 years ago for Vets Day I took a buddy who after 6 years in rehab for
his mortar wounds as a young Lt left the US and lived in Mexico up to a
ceremony on Island Park in Salmon in which the kids from the school
presented him a small American Flag and a thank you letter.  He broke down
and cried and told the kids that he had not felt like he was finally home
until that minute.

Phil Nisbet