[Vision2020] Dutch ovens

Janesta Carcich janestacarcich at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 12 22:14:33 PST 2006

Hi,

Are going to get a Dutch oven to use camping?
Tri-State has a nice selection of cast iron ones in
various sizes. Along with a wonderful selection of
recipe books. *smile* They also have fabulous customer
service.

I once had a complete set Le Creuset. There is no way,
I would stick one on the glowing coals of a fire.
*yikes* Then cover it in coals???? The enamel is
sensitive to change of tempature and will crack if it
cools too quickly.

If you are going the Dutch oven only at home, Le
Creuset, used around
$35.00 - $250.00 new, depending on the size and colour
you want.

Good luck!

Janesta

--- Don Coombs <mushroom at moscow.com> wrote:

> Sunil Ramalingam wrote:
> > OK, I want to get a 5-6 qt. dutch oven.  What
> should I get?  I want a
> > cast-iron enamelled dutch oven.  Do I need to just
> spend the money on a
> > Le Creuset?  Are the cheaper ones as good?
>
> I don't have a horse in the cheaper vs. more
> expensive
> race, but what's this about "enamelled" cast iron?
> That's a new one to me. I thought you just had cast-
>
> iron with a smooth inside and you seasoned it before
>
> using and then didn't use a lot of soap on it. And
> were
> sure to get a cover with a ridge around the outside
> so
> you could pile coals on top.
>
> Don Coombs

>  List services made available by First Step
> Internet,

Janesta Carcich

"Peace is not won by those who fiercely guard their differences,
but by those who with open minds and hearts seek out connections."

~ Katherine Paterson ~

***Because I am finding my words on the blogs of organizations I do not support***

~~~~~ Original material contained herein is Copyright 2006, Janesta Carcich ~~~~~

~~~~~ Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020
             forum without the express written permission of the author~~~~~