[Vision2020] Dutch ovens

Don Coombs mushroom at moscow.com
Sun Feb 12 21:50:33 PST 2006

Sunil Ramalingam wrote:
> OK, I want to get a 5-6 qt. dutch oven.  What should I get?  I want a
> cast-iron enamelled dutch oven.  Do I need to just spend the money on a
> Le Creuset?  Are the cheaper ones as good?

I don't have a horse in the cheaper vs. more expensive
race, but what's this about "enamelled" cast iron?
That's a new one to me. I thought you just had cast-
iron with a smooth inside and you seasoned it before
using and then didn't use a lot of soap on it. And were
sure to get a cover with a ridge around the outside so
you could pile coals on top.

Don Coombs