[Vision2020] Drafting Survey Questions for Nancy

Bill London london at moscow.com
Sun Feb 12 12:18:48 PST 2006

Nils:
regarding your draft survey questions for city use -- yours was an excellent
idea and example (reprinted below)...
here's mine....

parkland options
1. neighborhood parks are not important; continue existing policy (city has
not developed a park in any of the new Moscow neighborhoods/subdivisions)
2. neighborhood parks are OK; developers should be required to pay some fees
or dedicate some land to ensure that a portion of the costs of establishing
and maintaining a park will be borne by the developers and most of the costs
will be borne by the city taxpayers (find enough city money to develop and
maintain a few parks in new neighborhoods)
3. neighborhood parks are vital; developers must dedicate the parkland
before beginning construction of homes, bear the cost of developing the
park, and establish a fund to maintain that park in the future (ensure that
all neighborhoods have parks)
BL