[Vision2020] Drafting Survey Questions for Nancy

Steven Basoa sbasoa at moscow.com
Sun Feb 12 10:23:09 PST 2006

What about including (in the survey) those residents who live in the
'area of impact' around the city?  We don't pay taxes to the city
although we do pay taxes to the library, the school district, the
cemetery and the Moscow Fire Department.  We also don't get to vote
in the city elections.  What we do get to do, however, is spend a
great deal of money and time in town.  My family (and, I assume, the
majority of families surrounding Moscow) do all their grocery
shopping in Moscow.  We dine in the restaurants, shop in the stores,
volunteer our services.  I would venture to say that those families
in the 'area of impact' do have a large impact on Moscow.  It is also
our town.  I feel that it is important to have our voices heard and
including residents in the 'area of impact' with the proposed survey
would be a positive step for all involved.

Thanks,
Steven