[Vision2020] Re: [Spam] Vision2020 Digest, Vol 21, Issue 83

roger hayes rhayes at turbonet.com
Fri Feb 10 23:56:26 PST 2006

> Dear Phil Nisbet:

Speaking of slandering folks, last week I posted a sincere and
heartfelt plea asking people to look at their driving habits in hopes
that they might see that our wanton consumption of oil may result in
great grief for our country. I made a logical connection between the
current wars in the Gulf and our ceaseless demand for oil.
Your response was to label me as an anti-semite. This indeed is a
serious accusation and one, if you knew me and my genealogy, you would
quickly retract.
Now, I have spent a week mulling over that accusation and have come to
a conclusion. Rather than being angry at this mean and meaningless
attack, I find you lacking in moral depth and intellectual integrity. I
am sorry to label you as such, as I do not wish to sink to depths of
depravity you so aptly frame, but I must at this time ask you to take a
look at how you argue. Stunning people by attacking their personal
constitution is no way to debate serious issues. I know you know that.
Please return to a civil discussion if you wish to continue any
democratic debate.

Roger Hayes
Moscow