[Vision2020] Re: [Spam] Vision2020 Digest, Vol 21, Issue 83

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 11 07:12:21 PST 2006

Roger H.

If you return to that specific thread you will find that I very specifically
state that you are not an anti-Semite.  I stated that the argument of the
war in Iraq being one based on the old model of War as a Resource battle
leads directly to the same arguments that America First used in the Second
World War.  It’s an historical reference, what actually happened in real
life and history right here in the USA.

The Peace and Isolationist Movements of the America First Movement first
insisted that we had no role internationally, should spend our money at
home, that WW II was a war for resources and that if we got involved we
would just be stirring up things further.  All of those arguments lead
specifically to the final Lend Lease and Draft battles in which Charles
Lindberg specifically added No War for Jews.

What I stated in the post to your comment was that I was waiting for the
other show to drop.  Lindberg like statements are already being made by
Cindy Sheehan and others involved in the Peace movement.  I believe that the
next round of argument there will be that the war is about oil and those
nasty old Israelis and was sparked by those nasty old Neo Conservative Jews
in the US.  I did not say that those were 'your' arguments, just that it is
starting to be the argument of the broader Peace Movement and it is the
progression historically taken by the same sort of Peace Movement, The
America First Movement, in WW II.  I have already seen references to Project
for the New American Century as a blue print for war that list mostly or
only the Jewish members of that organization posted by Peace Movement
organizers, though Jewish members of that organization are less than 10% of
its members.

I apologize if it appeared that I was calling you an anti-Semite.  It was
not my intention.

But there is a growing drift to anti-Semitism in the Peace Movement and
quite a few anti-Semitic organizations involved in the Peace Movement at
this time.  I see history repeating itself, just as it did in WW II.  When I
can side by side Peace editorials from 1941 with 2005 and interchange FDR
with Bush and they read the same it’s even harder to not see the parallel.

You are not guilty of falling into that historical rut, but how many others
are?

Phil Nisbet