[Vision2020] Another NoSuperWalMart Dinner Celebrates a Vibrant Downtown

Nils Peterson nilsp at moscow.com
Tue Feb 7 22:36:21 PST 2006

The 22 of us who packed into Casa Lopez for our first dinner had so
much fun, we are doing it again.  This time the occasion is the
Moscow Planning and Zoning Commission hearing on an application to
rezone 73 acres in east Moscow for Motor Business (code for Wal-Mart
Supercenter). The hearing is 7:30 February 22, in City Council Chambers.

Warm up your arguments against the rezone at a no-host dinner,
Wednesday Feb 22 beginning at 5:30 at Casa Lopez located at 415 S
Main Streeet.  This event is organized by the local No Super Wal-Mart
organization. Wear your button, or get one when you arrive. Drink a
toast to the Big Box Ordinance (may it get stronger with a 100K
cap!), talk rezone strategy, or just have fun meeting fellow
travelers. Who knew fighting Wal-Mart could be so much fun?

Dinner is on your own. Buttons and bumper stickers are free, though
donations will be accepted.  All donations will be used to help
prevent a Super Wal-Mart from being built in Moscow. RSVP to
nilsp at moscow.com by noon the day of the event to help the restaurant
prepare.

Dinner will wrap up in time to make our way to City Hall for the P&Z
hearing on the rezone at 7:30 PM. Join us there if you can.