[Vision2020] More

John D johnd550 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 17:58:05 PST 2006

  Jim Meyer <m1e2y3e4 at moscow.com> wrote:

  > But it seems, well, shall we say, that you are clearly one-sided regardless
  > of facts.
  > Do the ends justify the means for you also? Are the ends more important than
  > squarely facing all the facts, including those that don't support your
  > presuppositions?

  I have observed the same behavior. In this exchange:

  http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2005-December/022892.html
  http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2005-December/022932.html
  http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2005-December/023485.html

 Phil Nisbet summarily dismissed 13 scientific publications, because they don't agree with his philosophical worldview. He even went so far as to falsly claim that Stephen Jay Gould, the scientist who developed the idea of the punctuated equilibrium, is an opponent of the idea himself.