[Vision2020] Reactions To Hanging

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Dec 31 05:31:56 PST 2006

Like I had said a while ago, one of two things should have happened.  Either

1)  The PFC/Spc that found Hussein should have taken him out right then and
there or

2)  Hussein should have been turned over to the Kurds.

Had scenario #1 occurred, Hussein would be nothing more than an answer to a
trivia question by now.

Had scenario #2 occurred, the US would have washed their hands of any
responsibility of its consequences.

As it actually happened, Hussein was technically under US control right up
to the instant Hussein's neck snapped.  This may have only served to
heighten Mid-East animosity toward the United States.

As far as J's question, "Has Hussein's execution caused me to change any of
my travel plans?":  Nope.  Not at all.

"If not us, who?
If not now, when?"

- Unknown