[Vision2020] Reactions To Hanging

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 31 08:57:42 PST 2006

Tom Hansen wrote:

>Like I had said a while ago, one of two things should have happened.  Either
>
>1)  The PFC/Spc that found Hussein should have taken him out right then and
>there or

Depending upon what specific orders that soldier had, it could very well
have been an act of murder.  I'd rather our soldiers didn't decide to
take justice into their own hands whenever they chose to do so.

>2)  Hussein should have been turned over to the Kurds.

Handing him over to what would likely be a lynch mob is no different
than lynching him ourselves.

I think that all crimes of this magnitude should be tried by an
international tribunal appointed by the UN.  I think the world should
have a say in how acts of mass-murder by a government should be
handled.  The sheer scope of the crimes makes it an international
matter,  not to mention the fact that a fair trial was proven to be
impossible to be had in Iraq as exemplified by his actual trial.

Paul