[Vision2020] Reactions To Hanging

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 23:59:14 PST 2006

I don't see that this invalidates my point.  The judge did have the
power to sequester everyone involved with the trial into some sort of
safe compound, which I would have done immediately.  I would have
instructed guards to taser everyone who was disruptive, period.  The
trial would have been conducted in a polite, orderly, punctual manner,
under penalty of huge fines and lengthy prison times for every
incident of contempt.

Adults who act like children should be treated like children, and the
histrionics of nearly everyone involved in the footage I have seen was
unbelievably childish.  Maybe I've watched Boston Legal and too many
times, but damn would I be a hard-ass judge.

Besides, what is a "fair trial" when the verdict is a forgone
conclusion?  Did Saddam have any evidence that could have exonerated
him?  I'm all for justice, but I see no point in postponing the
inevitable just for show.

But maybe the judge was powerless; I don't know.  Sunil?  What is your take?