[Vision2020] War is Pork

roger hayes rhayes at turbonet.com
Mon Dec 25 14:14:12 PST 2006

Speaking of "pork," 400 Billion dollars have been frittered away in the
"I will not engage in nation building" escapade by our president and
his cronies in the cabinet, House, and Senate.

While typical pork projects leave behind highways, buildings,
educational initiatives, works projects and the like, we do have
something to show for spending our hard won tax dollars. What do we
have to show for mistaken efforts in  Iraq? Well over three thousand
Americans killed in action, tens of thousands wounded or mentally
damaged by repeated stress and deployments, God knows how many Iraqi
civilians slaughtered, a destabilized Middle East, the price of oil
fluctuating wildly with every Administration speech, much of world
opinion finding the greatest threat to world peace is America. We know
that special interests have profited wildly in this escapade. We all
know the names of those corporations, and even who in the
Administration and Cabinet stood to profit from war. The tirade of
canned phrases and patriotic chest thumping is beginning to loose it's
power over the gullible, and deceived American populace.

Now I know "tis is the season" and all, but it is also the season for
accountability. It is time to bring home the bacon. Justice should be
pursued. Impeachment is far too light a sentence.

Peace on Earth, Good Will to Men and Women, and Children

Roger Hayes