[Vision2020] Otter Plans Closed-Door Oath Taking

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Mon Dec 25 20:34:46 PST 2006

May I remind the readers of this page that under the Constitution of
the United States, no religious statement whatsoever is required in
the swearing in of the President. I presume this would be the model
for swearing-in for all other public offices.

7. Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the
following Oath or Affirmation:--"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that
I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United
States, and will do the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and
defend the Constitution of the United States" (Article II, Section 1-7).

Ralph

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 24 22:21:40 PST 2006

Andreas,

   And the price of tea in China is?

   I was unaware that the Pledge was a prayer. I thought it was a
public statement of loyalty to the country and the people in it, just
like an oath of office.

   Merry CHRISTmas,

   Donovan J Arnold