[Vision2020] Time Warner Cable & KA

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 21:47:28 PST 2006

On 12/22/06, Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> number of sizes to choose from. I wish, as a single person, I could choose the exact amount of food I wanted to purchase rather than being forced to buy it in a quantity defined by the manufacturer.

I'm not single, but I usually _do_ choose the exact amount of food I
want, and I do it at Winco.  For dietary reasons, I prepare most of my
own meals, shopping bi-weekly, purchasing precisely the number of
apples, oranges, and bananas that I will realistically consume over
the next fortnight, carefully measuring rice and pasta in quantities
matching my needs, and even grinding my own peanut butter.

To extend the analogy: I don't care for beets, or squash.  I would
never buy Velveeta, SPAM, black licorice, or canned corn.  What the
cable and satellite companies are essentially doing is requiring me to
buy beets, squash, Velveeta, SPAM, black licorice and canned corn in
order to buy bananas, pasta, and rice.