[Vision2020] response to Matt's question about Green Building

mark seman fcs at moscow.com
Fri Dec 22 14:20:05 PST 2006

It's a sad state of cultural perceptions when architecture is not even given
a thought towards its potential for problem solving and environmental
enhancement.  In the menagerie of mechanisms for our built environment, true
architecture is the least damaging and holds the greatest opportunity to
produce sustainable environments.  Not until builders, developers, realtors
and the general public learn about the social and economic benefits of
fostering support for the design professions, will there be a significant
positive shift towards the implementaion of increased environmental
sensitivity.  It's been available for decades, but for market conditions, it
is generally ignored.

Happy holidays,
Mark

mark r. seman, architect