[Vision2020] Time Warner Cable & KAY

Bruce and Jean Livingston jeanlivingston at turbonet.com
Fri Dec 22 10:32:20 PST 2006

My understanding is that the cost per channel greatly exceeds the package
deals, and ala carte programming will be substantially more expensive if
people are not forced to contribute for the stuff in the package deals.
Still, switching to ala carte pricing would allow the market to sift out
winners and losers, and maybe get us down to 15 channels instead of "57
Channels and Nothing On."  Bruce Springsteen nailed what's wrong with
cable/satellite TV with that one.

Bruce Livingston