[Vision2020] Metzler: King Solomon Minds?

Taro Tanaka taro_tanaka at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 10 01:04:56 PST 2006

"keely emerinemix" <kjajmix1 at msn.com> wrote:

>I don't know a thing about Ligonier, Federal Vision, or Doug Phillips and
>their relationship or connection to Doug Wilson.

In this regard, you are hardly different from Mr. Metzler. But the big
advantage you have over Mr. Metzler is that you are not so conceited as to
think that you are competent to editorialize about Ligonier, Doug Phillips,
etc.You know that you don't know, but he doesn't know that he doesn't know.
He trusts his nose's ability to administer sniff tests to claims that he
encounters in cyberspace, and to then editorialize on the basis of the
outcome of his sniff tests. He leans far too much on his own understanding
-- a weak reed, as the Bible tells us. One can only hope and pray that he
will change in this regard. As it is now, he doesn't really know whether he
is doing good or sinning when he editorializes on these matters, although I
think he deserves the benefit of the doubt insofar as he thinks he is doing
good, and not sinning. But he ought to know better. This is a fundamental
prerequisite for taking Introduction to Christian Character 101. He hasn't
got this much down yet, but he is talking about getting a PhD someday. Talk
about putting the cart before the horse!

-- Princess Sushitushi