[Vision2020] Metzler: King Solomon Minds?

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Sun Dec 10 08:17:11 PST 2006

The Princess forgets that I have said on this forum that Matthew 18 is a
passage Christians use to guide behavior between single parties, although
it's a good framework for addressing publicly broadcast sin as well --
certainly the error preached from the podium deserves the gentle, private
admonishment from a fellow believer if circumstances permit.  My question
was posed to Sushitushi because of the Kirk's insistence that the strict
letter of the Word be followed -- and repeats this whenever, it seems,
someone criticizes Wilson or the elders.  So I find it odd that he can now
use it to defend speaking against Metzler sans private rebuke.  This easy to
do, though, while professing allegiance to a pastor who dismisses public
admonishment with that and "two or three witnesses" passages, effectively
setting up a conundrum from which he can emerge with his conduct unexamined.

I have no idea why Metzler's family moved to a house across from Doug
Wilson.  But since Metzler has never suggested that Doug Wilson is likely to
physically attack him or abduct his children, I assume that the Metzlers
felt they could somehow live through icky vibes and the willies.

I don't intend to engage with any more debate with someone who lacks the
backbone to use his real name while spewing vitriol against others who do.
And speaking of names, Sushitushi and his pals have so much fun with my name
-- "mixed up," etc. -- that I give thanks anew that I didn't marry someone
else.   Such fun they have!  I'm just glad to be a part of it.

And yes, I think "Scimitar" should write using his or her real name, too.

keely