[Vision2020] Bush, et al. before a Grand Jury

Tony tonytime at clearwire.net
Fri Dec 1 15:04:47 PST 2006

Oh Andreas, you are so cynical.  Do you really think that the president was
just beside himself to start a war?  Even as his father, who he admires
deeply, fought in a prolonged conflict and surely would have advised against
war if at all possible?  I think you have this silly view of Bush Jr. as
some kind of starry-eyed sophomore, with no realistic grasp of the adult
world.  It seems to me that such a picture more accurately describes the
president's critics.

The record clearly shows to fair minded people that the consensus prior to
our invasion was that Iraq posed a grave threat to the U.S.  This assessment
was shared by BOTH sides of the isle, your revisionist efforts
notwithstanding.  You blithely assert that "no one" thought Iraq had either
nuclear capability OR links to Al Qaeda.  Andreas, are you given to such
categorical assertions, or are you just having a bad day?  To say that not
even ONE American had such concerns is ludicrous my friend -- sheer
revisionist fantasy.

Apparently on a roll, you then blurt that the administration "knew" the Iraq
intel was cooked all along.  Unfortunately for your credibility, you fail to
provide even a single scrap of evidence in support of what thus stands as a
gratuitous assertion.  You are obviously a bright guy, so I trust you will
be more thorough in your next missive.

After wading through your thicket of false premises, I am instructed that I
must conclude that this war was entirely unjustified.  But for reasons which
I have pointed out, I remain unconvinced.   Do try again though.

Best wishes,    -T