[Vision2020] HJR 2 & Protecting Families: FW: Save the Date MOSCOW!!!!

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Mon Aug 28 20:20:01 PDT 2006

I haven't read the bill yet but I already know that it is dangerous.

If the government can say to Adam and Steve that they cannot marry, then -- in principle -- they can say to Adam and Eve that they cannot marry. All you have going for you to prevent this from happening is popular opinion. If that shifts, there go your marriage rights!

Thus, this bill is not protecting marriage. It puts marriage at the mercy of the government and popular opinion.

As I see it, the govenment cannot tell me which adult human I can marry and principles of fairness suggests that I should extend this right equally to other adults.

--
Joe Campbell

---- heirdoug at netscape.net wrote:

For those of you who would actually like to read what the House Joint
Resolution says first hand you can find the text of the bill here:

http://search.state.id.us/search97cgi/s97_cgi.exe?action=View&VdkVgwKey=h
ttp%3A%2F%2Fwww3%2Estate%2Eid%2Eus%2Foasis%2F2006%2FHJR002%2Ehtml&doctype
=raw&Collection=2006+Session+Legislation

And then tell me again, how is this dangerous???

lemeno, Doug!

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com