[Vision2020] Diseased Duck Liver

Scott Dredge sdredge at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 25 11:07:18 PDT 2006

What is the proper pronunciation of "foie gras".  I'm sure I botch it everytime I try to pronounce it.  My best guess ebonically would be "fwa  gwa".  But is this correct?  My other guesses are "foy grass" and "fwa grass".  "Diseased duck liver" is easier for me to pronounce and is a more accurate description, but if the message is that "foie gras" = "diseased duck/goose liver cause by  keeping ducks/geese in small cages, inserting a metal tube down their throats, and force feeding them to enlarge their livers" I want to make sure I'm pronouncing "foie gras" correctly.  Otherwise the message will be lost to foie gras affectionado who have no idea what I'm talking about when I say "foy grass".

-Scott