[Vision2020] Inconvienient Truth Resend

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Fri Aug 25 10:58:34 PDT 2006

Resend, since this apparently did not go system-wide.

God (alleged, choose the one that pleases you most) save the Queen!

Donovan and I agree on at least some fundamental outlooks.

1.    There is a limited amount of terrestrial/atmospheric resources.  There are and will be too many people competing for these resources.  Further, overuse of some of these resources creates life/quality of life threatening environmental problems for all plants and animals including humankind.  Think about this:  What would happen if at least half of the world's human population lived at the same standard of resource usage as the US and western Europe?

2.    Petroleum resources are not only quite limited, but their uses are a leading cause of many life/quality of life threatening problems.  Hence, a very high tax on such products may help motivate a search for much better, kinder to the earth, plants and animals (including humankind) alternatives, and also decrease their usage and the associated problems.

However, I also think the pessimistic outlook of Nils that we lack the political will to do what needs to be done before it is too late is also accurate.

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com