[Vision2020] Inconvenient Truth -- What WE gonna do

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 24 15:25:03 PDT 2006

Nils,

  The warming problem is not a local one, it is a worldwide one, that is  why they call it GLOBAL WARMING, not local warming. If you don't fix it  on the GLOBAL scale, it isn't going to matter what we do locally. I  personally, will not take the intitiative to spend all my money, energy  and resouces on a lost cause if most the rest the world doesn't play  along, it is pointless for me. This tactic screws the people making the  sacrifices and the end result is the same for the Earth. It is like me  pushing a Mack Truck all by myself. I won't do it unless we get enough  people to push it the whole way. Otherwise, save yourself and spend the  day doing something else.

  It has to be a coordinated effort and committment on behave of the world. We can do it.

  Best,

  _DJA

Nils Peterson <nils_peterson at wsu.edu> wrote:Re: Inconvenient Truth -- What WE gonna do          Some of this conversation has gone to the state or Federal level.

While they play a role, I’d like to bring the conversation down to  the WE in Moscow. (And I got challenged in another note as to why I  don’t walk to the COOP, which I’ll address, because somehow the  conversation needs to get back from the abstraction of some  governmental action like a gas tax imposed on ‘them.’ Each of us needs  to own this problem.)

  Take Ted’s comments below relative to politicians. What actions would  you encourage our Council members to be exploring? For which actions  could they earn your vote? Which would you vote against?