[Vision2020] West of Paris

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Aug 23 18:41:56 PDT 2006

"The ethics of this practice were brought up in an Aesthetic Gastronomy
class taught at New Saint Andrews College last year, and since then I have
been looking for a provider who raises ducks and geese in an apporopiate
manner."

 - Francis Foucachon (August 18, 2006)
http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2006-August/034135.html

"I will put foie gras on my menu again when I find a producer that doesn't
engage in force feeding."

- Francis Foucachon (Moscow-Pullman Daily News - August 23, 2006)

"While I believe there are some valid concerns here, I'm not going to stop
serving what people want. I will put foie gras on my menu again."

- Francis Foucachon
(A couple paragraphs later at Moscow-Pullman Daily News - August 23, 2006)

Question, Mr. Foucachon:  Which is it?

Are you going to refrain from putting foie gras back on your menu until you
"find a producer that doesn't engage in force feeding"?  Or until the next
dollar greases your palm?

There are several profitable restaurants in Moscow whose menus do not
include foie gras.  How about "West of Paris"?

"Everyone has problems, some are just better at hiding them."

- Unknown