[Vision2020] Foie Gras

Daniel Foucachon daniel at lyonministries.com
Fri Aug 18 07:43:52 PDT 2006

Thank you for your concerns. The way geese and ducks are usually raised for
foie gras is a questionble practice.  The ethics of this practice were
brought up in an Aesthetic Gastronomy class taught at New Saint Andrews
College last year, and since then I have been looking for a provider who
raises ducks and geese in an apporopiate manner.

We use free-range chickens at West of Paris. Have you researched how the
chickens are raised that are sold in most any restaurant or grocery store?

Bonne Journée,

Francis