[Vision2020] Need background information on civilian casualties?

Bill London london at moscow.com
Wed Aug 23 12:16:08 PDT 2006

              Need information on civilian casualties?

              We at CIVIC have just launched a 'Press Room,' with media background on everything from US humanitarian aid in Iraq and Afghanistan to how different organizations are counting civilian casualties. We hope these 2 - 3 page PDF documents will help your reporting on the human cost of war:

              CONDOLENCE PAYMENTS | [download]

              THE MARLA RUZICKA IRAQI WAR VICTIMS FUND | [download]

              THE LEAHY WAR VICTIMS FUND - AFGHANISTAN | [download]

              COUNTING THE COST | [download]

              We've also launched a CIVIC Civilian Casualties Newsfeed -- an RSS newsfeed detailing stories of civilians caught in the crossfire of conflict around the world and updated daily. Civilians continue to be caught in crossfire at alarming rates not only in the Middle East, but across Asia, Africa and remote places around the globe. CIVIC's newsfeed is updated daily and helps both media and advocates stay informed about civilian casualties, as they happen.

              As always, call or email us directly to request interviews, additional background or commentary. We can be reached at 202.558.6958 or info at civicworldwide.org.

        Click here to Unsubscribe | Manage your profile