[Vision2020] The times they are a changin'....and Dylan don't like it

Tim Lohrmann timlohr at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 22 09:17:07 PDT 2006

It just ain't like it was back in the good ole days.
  Gee, and I bet ole Bob had to walk 10 miles to the recording studio too....uphill both ways.....in the snow....barefoot!

                         Bob Dylan says modern music is worthless    Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:22 AM ET

  LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Bob Dylan says modern recordings sound "atrocious," and even the songs on his new album sounded much better in the studio than on disc.

  "I don't know anybody who's made a record that sounds decent in the past twenty years, really," the 65-year-old rocker said in an interview with Rolling Stone magazine.
  Dylan, who released eight studio albums in that time, returns with his first recording in five years, "Modern Times," next Tuesday.

  Noting the music industry's complaints that illegal downloading means people are getting their music for free, he said, "Well, why not? It ain't worth nothing anyway."
  "You listen to these modern records, they're atrocious, they have sound all over them," he added. "There's no definition of nothing, no vocal, no nothing, just like ... static."

  Dylan said he does his best to fight technology, but it's a losing battle.
  "Even these songs probably sounded ten times better in the studio when we recorded 'em. CDs are small. There's no stature to it."
  Reuters