[Vision2020] Mountain View and D

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Aug 20 13:37:24 PDT 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen of Moscow Vision 2020 -

I draw your attention to the intersection of Line Street and Sixth Street,
arguably the busiest intersection on the UI campus; no traffic lights, no
motion detecting equipment, just your plain down-home garden variety 4-way
stop signs.

I serious doubt that the city needs to expend funds for any equipment beyond
four 4-way stop signs in solving the pedestrian/vehicular congestion at the
corner of Mountain View and D streets.

Thoughts?

PS - Another option would be for the city to "MC" a community vehicular
interactive game along the lines of "Death Race 2000", such that points
would be awarded on a casualty basis:

Elderly (over 60 years of age) pedestrians - 5 (five) points each

Middle-aged (40 to 60 years of age) pedestrians - 10 (ten) points each
(additional 15 points for each pregnant female pedestrian)

Young (somewhat) (20 to 40 years of age) pedestrians - 15 (fifteen) points
each (additional 15 points for each pregnant female pedestrian)

School-aged (including college) (6 to 20 years of age) - 20 (twenty) points
each

Points are doubled for each physically handicapped pedestrian.

So, in the immortal words of John Belushi (from "Animal House"):

"Let the games begin."

"Only by going too far can one possibly find out how far one can go."

- Jon Dyer

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com