[Vision2020] Too Much Nonsense

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 11 10:22:24 PDT 2006

Roger,

 Stop trying to ruin our mudslinging forum by posting  meaningful constructive dialog. I had to wade through like five decent  posts before I was able to find one attacking me. I just don't have  time for that! Who cares about taxes, property rights, and education.  Name calling is what this forum is about, Venom 2020. : )

  Best,

  _DJA

roger hayes <rhayes at turbonet.com> wrote:  Visionaries:

This past weekend I posted a brief note on 2020 that under Jim Risch's
tax plan my taxes would actually go up. Now, only one person responded
to this note, and that was a public official. I am certain that
official had to wade through volumes of personal attacks, name calling,
religious tirades, simple forwards of patriotic tripe, right wing
bating, repetitious arguments that lead no where to find my small
protest of tax reform.
People, and I know you know who your are, you are ruining a valuable
community resource by diluting the content of this list to the point
that no one except those who love this sort of nonsense will want to
read anything posted on vision2020.
Let's demonstrate some responsibility to this community resource. You
don't knock books down on the public library floor; you don't spit on
the floor on the rec center; you don't destroy the plants in the
planters downtown. We need to see vision2020 as one of those sorts of
public resources.
Limit your posts. Consider if your posts will generate valuable, and
hopefully local/regional discourse before sending them. Do not attack
others. Find a different avenue for religious arguments. Do not forward
entire articles, or lists, but rather supply the links that people can
go to if they choose. Do not intentionally take arbitrary stands that
are meant to bait others. Be constructive.

Hope for a change,
Roger Hayes
Moscow

 List services made available by First Step Internet,