[Vision2020] You might be a real American

debismith at moscow.com debismith at moscow.com
Thu Aug 10 09:52:20 PDT 2006

God Bless the Whole World. No Exceptions.
Peace IS Patriotic, and so are the many people who disagree with the
current war.

The willingness to stand up in the face of accusations of being anti-
American and say this war is wrong is an act of Patriotism.

I love my country, and believe the current administration is destroying
the US and everything upon which it is founded. They have co-opted
religion as use it as a weapon, they have sold a large segment of
population (most among the least well off) a bill of goods that gives to
the rich while taking from the poor, and they continue to wave non-issues
around as distractions.

(Can't say the democrats are any better, as they can't get their poop in
a group long enough to present a united front against the Bush erosion of
democracy in the US.)

You are tired of what you are tired of. I'm tired, too. I'm tired of
having insults hurled at me because: I am able to think beyond the moment
and see a bleak future if we continue down the current right-wing road; I
believe everyone has the same rights (including the right to marry any
other consenting adult); I believe that women are able to make their own
decisions about their bodies without the consent of men; I think it is a
fine idea to help those in situations of poverty and need; I believe
bigotry, homophobia, sexual discrimination, and Biblical literalism are
the province of dinosaurs who are on the verge of extinction.

Go be tired, Dick. Let's be tired together, as that may be one of the few
points we can share.

Debi R-S

=====