[Vision2020] An Iraqi Veteran's Testimony

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Aug 9 06:05:03 PDT 2006

Dick Sherwin stated:

"I would think the creation of a seperat nation for the Kurds, up north,
would be a good start."

Don't you mean "Return Kurdistan (which was taken away by Saddam Hussein) to
the Kurds."?  This could have, would have, should have, happened back in
1991 during Iraqi War Part 1 (when Gen. Schwarzkopf was a day's march from
Baghdad) when Bush Sr. promised the Kurds that he would assist in getting
Kurdistan back to them if they aided him in his fight against Hussein.  The
result:  They did.  He didn't.  Instead of the Iraqi War Part 1 being
strictly a general's war, and not political, as Bush Sr. originally
promised, Bush "cooled" Schwarzkopf's heals and told him to discontinue his
march on Baghdad.  The Iraqi War Part 1 went to intermission.  Approximately
ten years later (and thousands of Iraqi lives) intermission ended and in
steps Bush Jr.

Dick Sherwin goes on to state:

" . . . dropping leafelets on the rest of Iraq, Iran and Syria notifying
them they had 48 hours to either disarm and stop supporting state sponsored
terrorism against the rest of the world or they would be turned into a huge
glass fish bowl."

Oh, yeah.  This is going to work.  Instead of a diplomatic approach (which
Iran and Syria are the closest to considering in the past 40 years), let's
give them 48 hours and nuke them.  I don't think so.

Question:  How is Iraq currently sponsoring "terrorism against the rest of
the world?"  Last time I read, or heard, any news we were (are) involved in
a conflict in Iraq attempting to preserve the Iraqi people and their
government.  Please enlighten us.

"In America, anybody can become president.
That's one of the risks you take . . ."

- Adlai Stevenson