[Vision2020] How are you best notified?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 3 22:12:54 PDT 2006

Jennifer,

 I think the best way to communicate is by direct  mail. If the city and county directly mailed all non-University  addresses once a month in a combined newsletter of the cities and  county issues of importance, kind of like how MSD does, and had the UI  send out a mass email to all students and staff, I think you would  pretty much hit the entire town.

  Best,

  DJA

Nils Peterson <nils_peterson at wsu.edu> wrote:  OK, Jennifer, I've updated my plug a solution to your question.

http://moscowwiki.editme.com/BetterCommunicationsStrategy

On 8/3/06 11:41 AM, "Jennifer McFarland> wrote:

> Visionaries,
>
> In the context of the discussions about all the road work around Moscow and
> on Highway 95 and in several other discussions over the past year or so, a
> separate topic has started that I think merits its own thread: Notification.
> Some are upset because they didn't think they were properly notified about
> the road work, others have been upset because they didn't believe they were
> properly warned about sex offenders.  Some have questioned notifying of
> extra patrols or emphasis enforcements.  Many think publishing pictures in
> the hot sheets is irresponsible-others requested it.  People have boycotted
> the Daily News or the Tribune for personal or political reasons.  A huge
> number of people get satellite or direct TV and do not receive the local TV
> station (KLEW out of Lewiston).  XM or Sirius (sp. ?) radio has replaced
> settings on our AM or FM dials.  Some people do not have internet access.
> So here are my questions for anyone who wants to ante up:

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com