[Vision2020] Joan Opyr on 4/22/2006

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Wed Apr 26 23:33:00 PDT 2006

On Apr 26, 2006, at 9:11 PM, Art Deco wrote:

> Cowboy Dick says:
>

> "I am not even interested in the moral issue here, only the use of
> God's word
> to justify Joan's moral conscience pangs."
>
> Perhaps Cowboy Dick you can give us some valuable instruction here.
> How do you know that the Bible is the word of some alleged God?
>

> W.

Better yet, who says I have pangs in my moral conscience?  I'm just
fine with my God, Dick, and my God is just fine with me.  It's you who
have the problem, and that problem is not my problem.  You dig, Cowboy?
  If not, allow me to make myself perfectly clear: I don't care if you
think I'm going to hell.  I don't care if you think that homosexuality
is wrong, that I'm wrong, and that I'll find myself, post-mortem, on
Satan's shiny red-hot rotisserie.  I don't believe in hell, and I don't
buy your interpretation of Jewish scripture.  You can type "God's word"
in bright red letters six feet high, but that doesn't do the
hermeneutical work of convincing me that your beliefs are correct and
mine are wrong.  This is playground stuff, Dick; the frantic screaming
of a schoolyard bully when he suddenly finds that he's been
de-trousered.  Cover yourself and go re-read your Bible.  Try paying a
little less attention to the flashy denunciations of Canaanite temple
prostitutes and bit more to the Sermon on the Mount.

I'm done with you now, Dick.  Permanently.  I hope others will follow
suit.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com