[Vision2020] Hispanic comments...

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Tue Apr 25 11:08:56 PDT 2006

Among other remarks allegedly reflective of Hispanic sentiment in the
United States, Dick Flerchinger posted:

"Augustin Cebada, Brown Berets: 'Go back to Boston! Go back to Plymouth
  Rock, Pilgrims! Get out! We are the future. You are old and tired.  Go
on. We  have beaten you. Leave like beaten rats. You old white people.
It is your duty to die . . . Through love of having children, we are
going to take  over.'

This is oddly reminiscent of posts Doug Farris, Dale Courtney, Doug
Wilson, Doug Jones, and Nate Wilson have made about how "they," meaning
the fundamentalist Christian, Biblical inerrantists will eventually win
their culture war simply by out reproducing us small family liberals.
While we supposedly stick to the 2.3 children that we can actually
afford, they'll skip the sin of birth control and have seven, or nine,
or thirteen or more children -- all of whom they assume will think and
believe just as they do.  A peculiar way of thinking, and not one I've
found reflective of Christians in general, whether fundamentalist or
not, or of Chicano/Latino people.  Sometimes the apple rolls a long way
from the tree, and it grows a better and more pleasant fruit.

Apropos of nothing -- I'm in a stream of consciousness mood -- I
remember an article I read in The Atlantic Monthly a few years back.
It was written by one of 27 children (no exaggeration) who was born to
a devout Catholic family in the midwest.  Neither he nor any of his 26
siblings had chosen to have children themselves, and most had had
failed marriages.  What I also remember about the piece (the author was
named Stephen something) was that, when his mother died, they found
that she had a bank safety deposit box stuffed full of chocolates.
She'd been hoarding them, trying to keep some small thing to/for
herself.

FYI, if Dick or anyone else is interested in the origins of his
"Hispanics Speak Out" post, check out the following:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/hispanic.asp

"Origins:   With immigration reform being one of the hot-button
political issues in the U.S. in early 2006, the above-quoted collection
of quotes from various Hispanic leaders and newspaper articles
regarding U.S. immigrants started circulating widely on the Internet.
Even though the issue was timely, this collection was actually compiled
several years earlier and references statements made by Californians
during 1990 (when immigration reform was also a hot-button political
issue in California due to the controversial Proposition 187 ballot
measure). Audio clips of many of the quotes reproduced above were
collected on a CD offered by for sale by the California Coalition for
Immigration Reform CCIR, and we include a link to the relevant clip
after the discussion of each item below . . . "

Nothing is ever quite what it seems.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com

PS: I was mugged once by a drunken white Anglo-Saxon guy.  He didn't
use a knife or a gun, and he didn't beat me up.  He just said, "Give me
some money," in a quiet scary voice, and so I did.  Damn white people.
The South is crawling with them.