[Vision2020] Water. Where do you stand on the issue?

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 00:43:01 PDT 2006

On 4/24/06, Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  There are two different types of growth. One is economic, the other is
> population growth. Economically we have to grow, that is what generates
> wealth for the community. If our community has zero economic development,
> that would mean the standard of living in Moscow would decline as the cost
> of housing, energy, health care, and other goods and services increased and
> Moscow remained economically stagnant.

I believe you, Donovan, as I've heard this said by people I trust many
times before.  Still, I don't understand why this is so; does economic
growth mean we have to continually attract new business to Moscow
(which would unavoidably seem to increase the population, to me), or
does it have some other meaning?