[Vision2020] Crazy Train

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 22 12:23:52 PDT 2006

Ed,

  You wrote:

  "We need to get so serious about protecting the institution  of marriage (for the preservation of humanity). . ."

 If your real goal was to save the institution of marriage, why ban  marriage? Would it not be more productive to simply ban divorce?

  If 50% of marriages end in about 5 years, and over 70% of marriages end  in about 10 years, it would make the most sense to save the most  marriages by putting your efforts into banning divorce, not denying  marriages to people that cannot get married anyway.

 Putting  huge efforts into preventing less than 3% of the marriages, while  ignoring the 70% that are failing in order to save the institution  seems like an unproductive strategy.

  Take Care,

  _DJA

Ed <ecooper at turbonet.com> wrote:          Donovon,

  I  realize that it's already illegal; however, many are looking for the  loopholes... We need to get so serious about protecting the institution  of marriage (for the preservation of humanity) that we enact such  a rigid law that we leave no room open for even quasi-homosexual  marriage, etc...

  "Cruel and unusual punishment"?...good   point..

  And, yes, the state has far too much   power...but that's another story in itself..

  Ed