[Vision2020] Getting to draw the lines and pseudonyms

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Fri Apr 21 12:32:31 PDT 2006

Gary,

Ok, thanks.  I do think that argumentatively, pointing out the relationship
between CC and other churches is very important and fairly potent.  It is a
complex situation, but I do find it remarkable how one church in a small
community could so consistently claim literal 'persecution' from the local
secular culture while all other local churches, some of which are actually
somewhat associated with this church, 1) do not claim any persecution at all
and 2) do not find any reason to come to the aid or defense of the church
claiming persecution. There is actually more interesting stuff along these
lines, but these basic facts are significant in themselves, it seems to me.
That's why I like Tom's question.

Thanks

Michael Metzler

gary wrote:

My  point was, to indicate that because something is not happening therefore
"X", is an extremely weak technique for making an argument. Little more and
nothing less. The fact that you like hansen's query better than mine ,of
course, comes as no surprise considering your current biases. Not being a
member of "the churches of Moscow" puts me at a severe disadvantage when it
come to addressing the question on their behalf. Perhaps the question would
be better put to Ms. Mix since she seems to be the list's arbiter of what is
"unChristian" and what is not and is willing to point out how they are
"mistaken."

gc